You could have your spouse petition (file an Immigrant Petition) for you immediately under the Family Based (2A) category. According to the Visa Bulletin for July 2012, it appears the backlog for India is approximately 2 years. However, numbers could move rapidly. If this happens, you could be looking at filing an Application for adjustment of status before your spouse becomes eligible to apply for naturalization. This strategy has no downside since you could always wait to file an Application to Adjust Status after your wife becomes a naturalized U.S. Citizen. You will not be required to file an immigrant petition all over again.