K-1/K-3 Visa2018-03-12T23:38:28+00:00

K-1/K-3 Visa

Our approach to processing K Visas

The K Visa is always a very special visa since the fiancé(e) abroad is waiting eagerly to come to the U.S. and we understand the emotional state of the Petitioner (U.S. Citizen) and the fiancée abroad. We make every effort to make this journey as flawless as possible.


K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa – General Information

The K visa is meant for alien fiancés of U.S. citizens. The category is nonimmigrant in name only. It is really a transitional status for aliens who will be immediately eligible for permanent residence upon marriage. It is important to understand that the alien must enter the U.S. as a fiancé and marry the sponsoring citizen within 90 days of entry. A K visa holder cannot change status to any other nonimmigrant visa. Further, he or she is only allowed to adjust status through a petition filed by the citizen who sponsored the K visa. Minor children of a fiancé may accompany the principal alien on a K-2 visa.

It is also important to show that you have met with your fiancé in person within the last two years before filing for the fiancé visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé in person would violate long-established customs, or if meeting your fiancé would create extreme hardship for you.

K-3 and K-4 Visa – General Information

Applies to spouses of U.S. citizens. The spouse’s unmarried children (under 21 years of age) may be granted K-4 nonimmigrant status. Spouses of U.S. citizens and their children may also skip applying for a K visa and directly obtain their immigrant visa abroad from the Department of State.

Go to Top