In this case, the Consulate would be concerned with two things: (1) the nonimmigrant intent of your parents when applying for a visa to visit the U.S. (ii) your ability to support them while they are here.

It is important to address both when applying for a visitor’s visa. It would certainly help to have an approved extension documenting your ability to stay and work in the U.S.