There should be no problem with the change of status per se. But, where a person obtains a B-2 and/or enters on a B-2 claiming to be a tourist, and within 30 days of visa issuance or entry actively begins seeking employment or admission in a school, s/he may be presumed to have misrepresented his or her intention in seeking a visa or entry and his/her subsequent petition for change of status denied.