I’m an international student.  I received a notice that my I-20 expired this year that the University did not notify me until after passing of the grace period of 60 days during which reinstatement could take place.  The university is asking me to leave the US and try to enter again with a new I-20 that they will provide me.  Is there still a way to avoid leaving and filing reinstatement?  What are the options in case problems arise at port of entry?

This situation is case specific and the questions sensitive. Unfortunately, this scenario is outside the scope of this forum. We recommend a personal consultation.