We got our greencards in 2007 thanks goes to you for this. My Son turned 15 and I’ve read that “children who reach 14 must file an application to replace their green card”. We leave to go to Australia on Vacation in 65 Days. Is there enough time to do this? Is the current card still Valid until the new card is issued? Can I just apply when we get back from our Vacation?

The I-90, Application to Replace PR Card receipt should be temporary proof of PR status. Additionally, you could go to the local Office of the USCIS and obtain a temporary stamp evidencing PR status that will allow you to travel abroad.