H-1B cap selection has been completed for this year.
10 REASONS FOR LOW H-1B CAP SELECTION
If you think H-1B CAP selection has been low this year, here are a few things to consider:
- Unlike paper filed cases, the current process allows both the employer and the employee to track registration online.
- USCIS FY2024 H-1B CAP registration is now complete.
- The USCIS has not released the registration numbers for FY2024 (2023) for us to know if additional draws are likely later in the year. This did happen in FY2022 (2021).
- The registrations have increased from year to year by a very large margin. There was an increase of 175,000 registrations from 2021 to 2022. We think the numbers for 2023 may be even greater.
- IT Consulting companies have reentered the registration cycle filing in greater numbers because of the vacuum created by the layoffs in the tech industry.
- The USCIS uses a random selection process (algorithm based and changed every year) to make the selection.
- The increase in sample size may cause several registrants to miss out.
- We are hearing from several sources that the average selection this year has been very low!
- Some who filed only one registration may have been selected! So, the process has been truly “random”.
We will keep track of the final numbers and let you know if an additional drawing is likely this year.