What to do if your school is no longer SEVP certified
If you attend an SEVP certified school that has been automatically withdrawn from SEVIS certification as a result of SEVP’s ongoing recertification process please:
- Don’t panic!
- Contact your designated school official about options
- Finish the current semester term at your school
- If your designated school official lets you know that your school is being reinstated to enroll nonimmigrant students, you may continue to be enrolled at your school.
- If the school remains withdrawn from certification, you will be notified by letter from SEVP.
You may do one of the following within 30 days of the schools withdrawal:
1. Depart the United States;
2. Transfer to another SEVP certified school; or,
3. Change to another nonimmigrant status.
If you have questions you can call the SEVP Response Center at (703) 603-3400 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET.