Kidambi & Associates offers clients a variety of options when it comes to visa processing. Our knowledge and experience extend to additional nonimmigrant visa options that may fit your needs. Here are a few that we would like to discuss with you today.

R-1 Visa

“I am so happy our Priest’s Visa was approved in record time!” The Administrator at one of North America’s oldest temples emailed us. After all, the temple was finally open for regular worshippers after a long COVID break. We have been processing R-1 Visas for the past 25 years. We have processed R-1 Visas for and represent religious organizations in general and temples, in Pittsburgh, PA, Houston, TX, Connecticut, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Maryland, Washington State, California, Hawaii and elsewhere. We have also successfully processed R-1 Visas for Buddhist Missions, Arya Samaj, and Church organizations.

The USCIS website states:

An R-1 nonimmigrant is a noncitizen who is coming to the United States temporarily to work at least part time (an average of at least 20 hours per week) as a minister or in a religious vocation or occupation and be employed by a:

  • Non-profit religious organization in the United States.
  • Religious organization that is authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use its group tax exemption; or
  • Non-profit organization which is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States.

To qualify, you must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least two years immediately before filing the petition.

The initial period of entry is two and a half years, up to a maximum of five years. We take pride in processing religious worker visas including for Shilpi (religious artisans), Paricharika (religious cook) and other positions that are unique to temples. We also have special rates for nonprofit organizations that make processing extremely affordable for our clients.

O-1 Visa

We have processed O-1 Visas for several positions including scientists, educators, business professionals, athletes, artists, film, and television personalities. Our repertoire of O-1 Visas is always expanding. For instance, we recently obtained an O-1 Visa for a Pickle Ball player. The sport is increasingly seen as the “next big thing” in sports. The Pickle Ball league is on the verge of breakout status, and we have been extremely fortunate to represent some of the best in the sport. According to the USCIS,

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.

The O nonimmigrant classification is for:

  • O-1A: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry);
  • O-1B: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry.
  • O-2: Individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance; and
  • O-3: Individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders.

The initial period of entry is for the duration of the engagement, or event and then in one-year increments.

P-1 and P-3 Visas

The P Visa category has several sub classifications. The P-1 is mainly for athletes and coaches and the P-3 Visa is for culturally unique entertainers and performers. The Cleveland Aradhana Festival is a one-of-a-kind celebration that attracts over 5,000 attendees over a short period of ten days during the Easter break. Each year, the festival brings over several artists and performers from India to perform at the festival. Performers range from the Who’s Who of Indian performers to budding young artists and offers a spectacular cultural feast. We are extremely honored to represent the organizers of the festival.

The initial period of entry is for the duration of the engagement, or sports event. The USCIS website states:

P-3 Culturally Unique

The P-3 classification applies to you if you are coming temporarily to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.

P-1A Athlete


The P-1A classification applies to you if you are coming temporarily to the United States solely for the purpose of performing at a specific athletic competition as:

  • An individual athlete at an internationally recognized level of performance
  • Part of a group or team at an internationally recognized level of performance
  • A professional athlete; or
  • An athlete or coach, as part of a team or franchise that is located in the United States and a member of a foreign league or association.

The P-1A classification also applies to professional or amateur athletes coming temporarily to the United States solely to perform in a specific theatrical ice skating production or tour, individually or as part of a group.

E Visa

The E visa category is limited to treaty countries. The E-1, E-2 and E-3 Visa categories are extremely useful visa categories for a variety of requirements. The E-3 mirrors the H-1B Visa and is limited to Australian Citizens. The USCIS has the following information on the E Visa category:

Before entering the United States, treaty traders or investors and Australian specialty occupation workers must apply and receive an E-1, E-2, or E-3 visa from a U.S. consulate or embassy overseas. A U.S. company may also request a change of status to E-1, E-2, or E-3 for a nonimmigrant that is already in the United States.

Treaty traders (E-1) conduct substantial trade in goods, including but not limited to services and technology, mainly between the United States and their country of origin of which they are citizens or nationals.

Treaty investors (E-2) invest a substantial amount of money and direct the operations of an enterprise they have invested in, or are actively investing in.

Australian specialty occupation workers (E-3) perform services in a specialty occupation.

We can assist clients determine the best possible visa option for entry into the United States. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your options.