DHS has finalized changes to fees charged by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to international students, exchange visitors and SEVP-certified schools. The new fees will take effect June 24, 2019. Read the news release.
Fee increases include:
- The I-901 SEVIS Fee for F and M international students will increase from $200 to $350.
- DHS will maintain the $35 I-901 SEVIS Fee for J exchange visitors in the au pair, camp counselor, and summer work travel program participant categories, but increase the full I-901 SEVIS Fee for other J exchange visitors from $180 to $220.
- The SEVP school certification petition fee for initial certification will increase from $1,700 to $3,000.
New fees include:
- A $1,250 fee for SEVP-certified schools filing a petition for recertification.
- A $675 fee when schools file the Form I-290B, “Notice of Appeal or Motion.”
- DHS will maintain the $655 fee for an initial school site visit but will also charge this fee when a SEVP-certified school changes its physical location or adds a new physical location or campus to its Form I-17, “Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Student.”