USCIS will publish a final rule on July 24 that makes a number of significant changes to its EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, marking the first significant revision of the program’s regulations since 1993. The final rule will become effective on Nov. 21, 2019.
New developments under the final rule include:
- Raising the minimum investment amounts;
- Revising the standards for certain targeted employment area (TEA) designations;
- Giving the agency responsibility for directly managing TEA designations;
- Clarifying USCIS procedures for the removal of conditions on permanent residence; and
- Allowing EB-5 petitioners to retain their priority date under certain circumstances.
Read the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program Modernization document in Federal Register