Please recommend options for PR Status/Citizenship for our unborn Child while we are awaiting Naturalization

2018-03-02T23:45:07+00:00Mar 2, 2018|

Your questions are case specific and complex. We suggest you schedule an appointment to discuss your situation. Be this as it may, a child born to a U.S. Citizen is automatically accorded citizenship and your child will benefit by this automatic child citizenship provision. The Attorney recommends that you continue the process towards your naturalization [...]

When am I eligible to file for Naturalization?

2018-03-02T23:44:08+00:00Mar 2, 2018|

Your question pertains to Naturalization when married to a U.S. Citizen. In your case, although you have been married for three years, you have only been a permanent resident for less than two years. You would have to wait until 2 years and 9 months from the time you became a permanent resident to apply [...]

Does Prior §245(i) Filing Affect Naturalization Application?

2018-03-02T23:43:24+00:00Mar 2, 2018|

§214(i) is an ameliorative provision for adjustment of status. However, once adjusted, you are considered a permanent resident without any strings attached. The prior § 245(i) filing does not affect your ability to file a Naturalization application and it should not be called into question during the interview.

Both my parents are citizens. Does that make me a citizen automatically? How do I bring my fiancé to the U.S.?

2018-03-02T23:40:00+00:00Mar 2, 2018|

You are eligible for derivative citizenship and should apply on Form N-600 with the nearest USCIS Field office, with the appropriate filing fees. If approved, you will be scheduled for a naturalization interview. As far as your fiancé, I recommend that you file after you obtain your citizenship. That way, you can bring him on [...]

What do I need to become a U.S. Citizen?

2018-03-02T23:38:20+00:00Mar 2, 2018|

The following is the entitlement statute for Naturalization: Immediately preceding the date of filing for naturalization the applicant has resided continuously, after being lawfully admitted for permanent residence within the United States for at least five years and during the five years immediately preceding the date of filing his or her application has been physically [...]

Go to Top